Skip to main content

Drag Race UK's own Vanity Milan


 

Vanity Milan 29, South London

Preferred pronouns:
In drag: She/her

Out of drag: He/him

Tell us about Vanity?
I’m sophisticated, sexy and savage. I’m not a diva. I’m not a hun. I’m serving unapologetic blackness. Vanity is REAL. I am REAL. I grew up in Mitcham, South London where it’s very REAL. I’ve lived in London 29 years, born and bred - South ‘til the death!  And my drag is very South London.

The recipe to be Vanity Milan is sugar, spice and everything nice. She is just a humble, performing drag queen serving high octane performances with extra spicy flavour.  Vanity loves the art of drag and everybody that loves it. That’s Vanity Milan!

How long have you been doing drag?
I have been doing drag for a year - but I have gone from 0 to 100 real quick. Like, really quick! In 2019 I took part in a competition called The Crown - it was actually hosted by Kitty Scott-Claus! Every week we had to compete and someone would be sent home. But I won! So I’m used to a bit of competition. But also, it was such a good way to meet new friends! Especially because it was the first time I was doing drag in London.

Are you competitive? 

I am competitive. I believe if you put your mind to it, and you put the blood, sweat and tears, and, and the hard work and dedication behind it, you can be somebody! But that doesn’t mean you have to take other people down to get there.

What inspired your drag name?
Me! I inspired my drag name! From a very young age my mum would always catch me looking in the mirror. One day, she said to me, ‘Look, you're always stuck in the mirror’ you might as well just call yourself Vanity! ‘.  That has always stuck with me, and then later I added Milan because I always serve fashion!

What are your strengths and weaknesses?
With a strong performing arts background,I’m very versatile! I don't want to class myself as a queen that fits into just one category because my drag career is ever-evolving. I’m always learning, and I can serve looks, do comedy, sing and dance. I dance like no-one else.  I give it spice, with me you’re going to catch some twerking, hair flips, splits, dips, kicks, dips, trips. I just go, go, go! Oooh girl, we’re gonna have a good ol’ time!

I never stop, even when I moved to my husband’s home country Estonia for a while, I continued to dance - I taught dance classes and choreography for Estonian celebrities. In fact, as I’ve worked on cruise ships, I’ve performed all over.

Why should you be the UK’s Next Drag Race Superstar?
I’m nice and I’m real.I always work hard. If I fail, I try and try again, and if I put my mind to it, I can do anything. I’ve worked really hard to be here, and my eye is on the prize…