Skip to main content

RHA TrueConnect In Ear Bluetooth Earbuds


RHA TrueConnect In Ear Bluetooth Earbuds
Now, this is a rare treat, we don’t normally get technology to review but here I have a pair of RHA TrueConnect wireless Earbuds to check out, so let’s see what they’re like?
The first thing I notice is how beautifully designed they are, they come in a robust metal and plastic charging case with three lights to show the level of charge which is incredibly useful if you’re on the move a lot or have long journeys, the earbuds themselves hold a five hour charge whilst the case holds 20 hours of power.
The buds also have an array of eartips, ten in total sorted into three different sizes so there’s no doubt that you’ll be able to find the most comfortable fit and comfortable they are. In my case, I used the foam tips which you squeeze down before inserting and they expand which kept them in my rather small ears and helped with noise cancellation, I also tried the rubber tips which had a lighter feel.
The buds themselves sit comfortably in ear without too much protuberance and although quite robust are surprisingly lightweight (the earbuds are only 13g) but it's the sound!
Although I’m not particularly technically minded there’s no doubting the superb spectrum of sound these earphones have. Trying it on some of my favourite albums I’m noticing things that I’d not heard with previous in earbuds, the bright ring of the acoustic guitars on Frightened Rabbit’s ‘Old, Old Fashioned’ is breathtaking, while the bass on David Guetta’s ‘When Love Takes Over’ which has been raspy on inferior headphones is handled easily by the TrueConnect buds. 
A spin of Max Richter’s ‘From Sleep’ with its dreamy minimalist orchestrations shows the attention to minute detail that the buds pick up easily without losing power on the swells, the music is balanced beautifully. Deeply impressive stuff.
I see that they are also sweatproof so they accompany me to a gym session to test that aspect out and I can happily affirm that they function beautifully even in the harsher conditions keeping the abrasive gym music at bay. I find the controls (volume, play/pause, calls etc) to be simple and effective whilst the dropout rate is very low indeed and even then it tended to be in places like train stations where it's almost inevitable.
The fact that RHA are a local company makes these TrueConnect earphones all the more impressive, it's great to see such a world-beating product coming out of Glasgow showing the innovation and creativity we have in our city. I for one am excited to see what new products they'll be coming up with in the future.
At £149.99 these are not cheap but worth every penny, all aspects of design and functionality have been thought through to a logical and stylish end and with a 3 year warranty included these are the only in earbuds you need. An absolutely superb product.