Skip to main content

Jamie Grandison from Style Fixers does a quick Q&A

 

Style Fixers is a fun new show on  BBC Scotland channel on  Mondays 11pm or iPlayer whenever you want.





 

Alannah Carson and Jamie Grandison are Style Fixers who love finding fashion gems in second-hand stores. They live for repurposing and upcycling, turning the drab and dated into fabulous and on fleek.

By day best friends Jamie and Alannah are make-up artists. By night they source and make costumes for drag shows where Jamie is the star act. Fresh looks are key on and off stage.

 

Now Jamie and Alannah are each taking on someone looking for some style inspiration. With a budget of £30 to spend in second-hand stores, and some simple upcycling, they will prove that you don’t need to flash the cash to look ‘bangin’.

In their pop-up studio, they will transform people’s style, giving them confidence they never knew they had. When the makeovers are complete, their clients decide who’s done the best job, and these fiercely competitive best friends know there can only be one winner.

 

 We ask both Alannah and Jamie some quick questions here are Jamies answers (you can read both their answer in our next issue) 

 

Last lie you told?

Last night. To myself. "Jamie, you don't really want to eat all 6 of those biscuits ." 


First crush?

I would have been about 8 years old at the time, but I remember being obsessed with Jeremy Sumpter who played Peter Pan in the 2003 'Pan' film. Then later in life Zac Efron really caught my off-guard in High School Musical, haha! 

Last book you read?

I'm not a big reader, I have tried and tried and just don't have the patience. I did get through the first few chapters of Gone Girl which I enjoyed.

greatest piece of advice you were given ?
"What other people think of you, is NONE of your business!" - RuPaul! 


last time you were starstruck ?

I've had my fair share of celebrity encounters! Beyonce has stroked my arm while singing Halo, and Lewis Capaldi took a photo with me in the venue I work at.. but I was truly starstruck meeting Faye from Steps. They were my childhood icons! 

First thing you would do if you run the country ?

On Wednesdays, everyone wears rhinestones. 

Go to song at karaoke?

Would need to say 'Flying Without Wings', but that one needs to be done BEFORE having a drink. 

The first concert you went to ?

Steps Greatest Hits Tour! 2001! 


last time you made an impulse buy and regretted it?

Last week. Felt the makeup-counter pressure while in House of Frasers. I ended up buying a TRAVEL SIZE bronzer. I’m a makeup artist with a very large kit of products - what do I need a travel size bronzer for? 


last time you bought somebody flowers?

Mother’s day, for my amazing mum! 

first object you would save from your burning home?

If my other half didn't count, I would need to say my Macbook. 


First job ?

I sold high heels in Dorothy Perkins! Ironic. 

Last person you fantasized about?

I had a dream not too long ago about Oprah. Watched her after school every single day from when I was in Primary 7. 


Last thing you think of before you going to sleep?

I'm not really one for sleeping in silence, so I tend to stick on a podcast to put me to sleep! 


First thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?

How much I really don't want to get up.