Skip to main content

Arthur Parsons and Adam Fullick from Bromance




 

Bromance 4 – 29 Aug
15:00
Assembly George Square Gardens - Spiegeltent Palais Du Variete

Tickets: https://assemblyfestival.com/whats-on/bromance 

BMT Artists:

· Arthur Parsons

· Adam Fullick

What is your fringe show about ?

Arthur: Our show is about male friendship. Clumsy and limited male friendship where communication is physical first, and is followed by words

Adam: For me, the show represents the journey of friendship three young males.

How many times have you performed at the fringe ?

Arthur: This is my second year. I was at the fringe performing BMT’s second show KIN four years ago

Adam: This is my first time at the Fringe!

What's your most memorable moment from the fringe?

Arthur: Climbing Arthur’s seat after our last performance of KIN with all the other circus artists at the festival and watching the sunrise

Adam: Connecting with audience members after the show.

What is the worst thing about the fringe?

Arthur: The constantly mounting fatigue with no time to recover!

Adam: The inevitable risk of rain at any point.

How do you prepare for a performance ?

Arthur: As long of a morning as possible with a healthy breakfast and then an hour and a half warming up

Adam: To summarise in three words: Stretch, bananas, and lots and lots of coffee!

What's your favourite thing about being Edinburgh?

Arthur: Having some time away from London, the air is fresher, the people are nicer, and the tap water is delicious

Adam: The combination of abundant natural beauty and the warm and welcoming community feel.

what's the most Scottish thing you've ever done ?

Arthur: The first show I performed as a circus artist was a kids show where I played a Scottish polar bear ‘with a terrible accent’

Adam: Walked up Arthur’s seat in the pouring rain.

What's your favourite bar/cafe in Edinburgh ?

Arthur: Victor Hugo Deli - great coffee and great breakfast

Adam: Black Medicine Coffee Co - best coffee ever

Who are you most looking forward to seeing?

Adam: Margaret Thatcher Queen of Soho

Arthur: My Rabbit Monty when I get home

Both the UK and Scottish government promise a lot of help to the arts and clubland do you think they did a good job ?

Adam: As one of the most hard-hit sectors in response to recent unprecedented events, I feel that the government made good efforts to provide basic support structures to artists and freelancers. Without this, I feel the industry would have seen harsher repercussions with more permanent long-term effects.

Arthur: I find it concerning the lack of importance the arts are given in our society

Did you start any new hobbies during lockdown?

Adam: I utilised the lockdown to widen my knowledge of the events industry from a creative standpoint by completing an undergrad degree in International events management, graduating earlier this year.

Arthur: During lockdown I got really into weightlifting - it’s become my mindfulness

Last book you read?

Adam: ‘Touch’ – David J. Linden. Great read! I would recommend to anyone interested in cognitive psychology and the science behind physical human interaction.

Arthur: Black River by S. M. Hulse

First great piece of advice you were given ?

Arthur: “It gets easier” from Louis Gift of Barely Methodical Troupe

Adam: “Fail to prepare, prepare to fail”

Last time you were starstruck ?

Adam: Meeting my circus idol in 2019.

Arthur: When I saw Adam and Pete from Bromance this afternoon.

Sum up your showing in 3 words

Adam: Athletic, playful, and fun!

Arthur: Clumsy acrobatic love