Skip to main content

Miss DQ talks to us on the day her Fringe Show open.

 


What is your fringe show about ?

My fringe show is the story of my life and how I came out and gay dwarf to then become a drag queen. Think Jamie the musical but in miniature! All Live vocals and adult comedy throughout. A celebration of the LGBTQIA+ community


How many times have you performed at the fringe ?

This is my second appearance at fringe after my first was documented for A tv show on channel 5 called Dwarf Drag Queen.


What's your most memorable moment from the fringe?

My most memorable moment was selling out for my first opening night and walking onto stage to the sound of a fun loving audience applaud.


What is the worst thing about the fringe?

Fringe is in its own right a celebration of

Many things therefore in my opinion there is nothing I could say that is the worst thing


How do you prepare for a performance ?

Preparation take 3-4 months before fringe with writing and producing the show and creating costumes etc. New material is written and weekly meeting are had with the behind the scene teams. Then it’s healthy eating and keeping fit In general day to day.


What's your favourite thing about being  Edinburgh?

Edinburgh will always have a huge piece of my heart, it’s where I first started out doing drag and became a name. The people of Scotland are my favourite thing about Edinburgh. They are the most supportive and loving people I’ve ever met, The city is beautiful.


What's the most Scottish thing you've ever done ?

The most Scottish things I’ve done is probably a battered burger and Buck’s Fizz. Oh I once walked up The Scottish Monument, it’s took me hours!

What's your favourite bar/cafe in Edinburgh ?

My favourite bar has to be where I’m performing and where it all began, Planet Bar and Kitchen. 


Who are you most looking forward to seeing?

I most looking forward to seeing all performers coming together after the serious impact COVID 19 has had on the arts and hospitality and creating a fringe festival to remember! 


Did you start any new hobbies during lockdown?

During lockdown I created a Facebook Live show and became a keen chef!


Last book you read?

Last book I read Paul o Gradys Biography


First great piece of advice you were given ?

The first piece of advice came from my late father; keep your head high but your feet on the ground!



Sum up your showing in 3 words.

Pride Love Party